Wed, 06 Oct|
Hong Kong Convention and Exhibition Cent
Womentors Presents: ReThink HK - Rethinking Women in Start-ups
Women on average start more businesses with a larger purpose in mind. They are statistically proven to be more empathic, excel at multitasking and are usually more conscious of their social responsibility.
Time & Location
06 Oct 2021, 15:15 – 15:55
Hong Kong Convention and Exhibition Cent, 1 Expo Dr, Wan Chai, Hong Kong
About the Event
This is part of the ReThink Conference that will be taken place from October 5 to 6 at the Hong Kong Convention Centre. Tickets are available here. Womentors is the proud content partner of Rethinking Women in Business sessions of the afternoon of October 6, 2021.
Rethinking Women in Start-Ups
People & Purpose Women on average start more businesses with a larger purpose in mind. They are statistically proven to be more empathic, excel at multitasking and are usually more conscious of their social responsibility. Unfortunately, women founders are often underfunded compared to their male counterparts even though they are more likely to produce better results. In an effort to shake up the status quo, we need to dive deeper into the technicalities so that we can find out how to leverage the power of women founders to nurture a more equitable and sustainable economy.Learnings
- In 2019, 2.8% of funding went to women-led start-ups; in 2020, that fell to 2.3%. Some speculate that the pandemic made investors more wary of risks and more likely to stick to their existing networks. This statistic stands in stark contrast to research that showed female-founded and co-founded start-ups tend to perform better than all-male ones. What are the economic opportunities that come with investing in women?
- Why does the start-up and investment community not embrace more women owned start-ups?
- Empowering women founders is something that many in the Hong Kong business community have already caught onto but how are we falling short?
- Is “social capital” affecting access to funding? If so, how can women broaden their networks to gain access to a larger variety of funding sources?
- Address structural biases built into funding decisions
- Bringing more women into VC firms and institutional investors could mean more creative and unconventional problem solving and could help broaden the lens of potential investments.
- Start-up accelerator and mentors focused on empowering young entrepreneurs
- Additional networking opportunities for women in leadership roles to help support and encourage one another
SpeakersMODERATORVictoria Wisniewski Otero Founder & CEOResolve FoundationKarena Belin Founder and CEOWHub & AngelHubOlivia Cotes-James FounderLUÜNA naturals Devana Ng Co-Founder Invisible Company
- Thu, 10 JunWOMENTORS10 Jun 2021, 14:30 – 16:00WOMENTORS, 21/F, Greatmany Centre, 109～115 Queen's Rd E, Wan Chai, Hong Kong10 Jun 2021, 14:30 – 16:00WOMENTORS, 21/F, Greatmany Centre, 109～115 Queen's Rd E, Wan Chai, Hong KongIn this new normal, we are used to being online but are we... - Making a Stronger Presence at Online Meetings - Building an impactful first impression - Building rapport - Listening & engaging - Staying focused, be engaging to avoid distractions on both sides
- Wed, 05 May21/F, Greatmany Centre, 109-115 Queen's Road East, Wan Chai, Hong Kong05 May 2021, 10:00 – 11:3021/F, Greatmany Centre, 109-115 Queen's Road East, Wan Chai, Hong Kong05 May 2021, 10:00 – 11:3021/F, Greatmany Centre, 109-115 Queen's Road East, Wan Chai, Hong KongEveryone has a LinkedIn, but - What is the image you want to build on LinkedIn? - How to stand out among others? - What are some tips to connect professionally? - What details should be included? Come and learn over coffee/tea for $150/person.