Womentors Presents: ReThink HK - Rethinking Women in Leadership
Time & Location
About the Event
This is part of the ReThink Conference that will be taken place from October 5 to 6 at the Hong Kong Convention Centre. Tickets are available here. Womentors is the proud content partner of Rethinking Women in Business sessions of the afternoon of October 6, 2021.Rethinking Women in Leadership
People & Purpose
Having more women on the board will have trickle-down effects on the rest of the workforce. It could break down stereotypes on women in leadership. It can also bring a broader collection of experience, viewpoints and backgrounds, which result in better decision-making. Having more women in more senior roles is also financially material.Learnings
- In 2020, 49 per cent of companies did not have a woman on the board, an improvement from 60 per cent a year earlier. Women make up 13.7% of the board seats on HSI.
- Simply focusing on appointing more women at the board level is not enough to achieve gender equality across companies. There is a persistent lack of women in leadership positions, with women representing just 27% of all manager positions.
- Having more women on the board also tends to curb excessive risk-taking, decrease aggressive tax strategies and improve firm reputation, earnings quality and sustainability performance.
- Initiate peer-to-peer conversations among current board members or via third party advisors. Boards are increasingly recognising that gender diversity is imperative to a successful business.
- Educate staff about unconscious bias, and get more women on boards and into leadership positions.
- Shine a light on the women in your organisation. Prioritise raising their visibility by making sure qualified female employees are leading critical strategic efforts and representing the company. Engage with external organisations that can advise further.
Deputy Head of Mission
Shalini Mahtani, MBE
Founder & CEO
The Zubin Foundation
Chief Executive Officer
- Thu, 10 JunWOMENTORS10 Jun 2021, 14:30 – 16:00WOMENTORS, 21/F, Greatmany Centre, 109～115 Queen's Rd E, Wan Chai, Hong KongIn this new normal, we are used to being online but are we... - Making a Stronger Presence at Online Meetings - Building an impactful first impression - Building rapport - Listening & engaging - Staying focused, be engaging to avoid distractions on both sides
- Wed, 05 May21/F, Greatmany Centre, 109-115 Queen's Road East, Wan Chai, Hong Kong05 May 2021, 10:00 – 11:3021/F, Greatmany Centre, 109-115 Queen's Road East, Wan Chai, Hong KongEveryone has a LinkedIn, but - What is the image you want to build on LinkedIn? - How to stand out among others? - What are some tips to connect professionally? - What details should be included? Come and learn over coffee/tea for $150/person.